Monday, April 11, 2011

Days 42, 41 & 40 - Feeling Strong

The escalator in the subway was out this morning and, after I walked up 3 long flights of stairs, I realized I was able to do it without so much as a huff or a puff. I'm definitely getting stronger, which was one of my major goals.

Before I started this blog, I had gotten to a point where I was constantly feeling tired, or sick, or just plain ole run down. I couldn't even walk up a flight of stairs without losing my breath (and sometimes even feeling dizzy) and, to me, that's not ok. As my belly grew, my ability to breathe decreased. So it wasn't only that the extra weight was visually displeasing to me, it was more a matter that it was literally physically uncomfortable and challenging (to say the least). Add that to the fact that so many different things run on both sides of my family (i.e., heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, cancer), and the fact that I needed to make a change became crystal clear. So I made the active decision to do something about it.

I know I get a bit impatient and frustrated from time to time, but moments like this morning keep everything in perspective. I'm focused on a long-term, healthy lifestyle. Sure, I'd love to put on a bikini, but I'm definitely not going to starve myself to fit into an unrealistic size...Thin is not for me! Healthy is more my target. :)

On that note, here are a couple yummy and healthy meals from last week.

last Wednesday's lunch (from the cafeteria):
salmon, asparagus and mushrooms (the mushrooms were soooooo good!)

Sunday's dinner (à la Chef E):
red snapper - stuffed and ready to be steamed

in the pot, ready to cook

steaming away

And here are some fun pics from a quick run to Petland...

awww...parrot kisses for E

she was a playful little baby

I think she was trying to nest in my hair and it tickled - lol ;p

Hope you all enjoyed the weekend thoroughly. It's Monday, back to the working grind...Stay focused and make the most of it! :)

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment