Friday, April 8, 2011

Days 47, 46, 45, 44 & 43 - Spring is in the air!

I'm pretty happy with my progress this week. I'm back on track.

I think part of my problem a couple weeks ago was that, in addition to feeling tired and drained, I was trying to implement too many things all at once. It was way too much and I started getting frustrated. Add that to lack of energy, and I felt like my efforts were getting me nowhere.

So, for me, simpler is better. I'm back to focusing on exercising and eating in a way that will make the most sense for me...a healthy lifestyle that I can sustain.

I've been keeping up with Cardio Core Express in the mornings, but I plan to get back to Level 3 this weekend. Call me crazy, but I'm kind of excited to feel the burn again. ;)

My bestie decided to try 30 Day Shred and I'm so excited for her! She doesn't have much to lose at all, so I know she'll see results quickly if she sticks to it. My suggestion to her was this: Do the first two levels daily (i.e., Level 1 for ten days straight and then Level 2 for ten days straight), because they're manageable enough to work through without needing a break.* Level 3 is intense so you'll need days of rest in between. So the momentum you build in the first twenty days should balance out with the breaks you'll need in the last level. Just my opinion.

It's fun to have someone doing the same program as me, even though we started at different times. My cousin in Florida is on her workout grind too, but she's doing a different program...Spring is in the air, folks, and I for one do not plan on hiding behind cardigans, scarves and loose tops for yet another season! I'm taking a stand and I'm glad to have people standing with me!

Meanwhile...Have you seen Vanessa Hudgens on the cover of Shape Magazine?? That is all the motivation one needs! LOL

Before I run off and grab some lunch, I'd like to give a big welcome to my newest Cut the Cheese subscriber, Tamara! You're the first non-family member to follow my blog - lol - so I'm very excited - haha! I hope you find the info that I share useful. Feel free to chime in or suggest topics anytime. ;)

That's it for now, friends...I hope the rest of the day finds you happy and motivated. Bon weekend!

XOXO


*Disclaimer: This was my suggestion to my friend because I know her. Only my suggestion - not medical advice. You know your body best. If you try this (or any other) workout series and you feel like you need a day or two of rest in between, give your body the time it needs. You want to make sure you're careful about your weight loss methods. And, as they say, consult your doctor before you try any new routine.

2 comments:

  1. Saw this article on Oprah.com I thought they made some valid points, I hope you find it helpful.
    http://www.oprah.com/spirit/Self-Esteem-Body-Image-and-Confidence-Lluminari

    take care for now

    Tracey T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Trace! Nice article - thanks for sharing!! It brings up an important topic that’s really part of a much larger discussion.

    I wish all girls/women had a healthy relationship w/their bodies…and that media would promote more positive images to support that. It’s one thing to want to lose weight/slim down/be fit/etc., but a whole ‘nother thing to constantly beat up on yourself, trying to get to an unrealistic point. That’s not ok - it’s damaging on so many different levels.

    The focus really should be on wellbeing and fitness…and, beyond that, being comfortable in the skin you’re in.

    ReplyDelete