Monday, March 14, 2011

Days 70, 69 & 68 - Healthy Groceries

Hi friends! Hope you all had a nice weekend. We had some pretty nice weather here in New York.

Did some healthy grocery shopping and a lot of cooking on Saturday. E made steamed fish (grunt porgies). He usually makes it with butter, but since we're detoxing, using butter is a no-no. So he tried making it with just a tip of olive oil, and it came out really well. He steamed it down with callaloo and made another pot with corn-on-the-cob and "food" (food is a Jamaican term that can include any combination of boiled dumpling, Jamaican sweet potato, cassava, yam, green banana and Irish potato --only the last 3 items were in our pot-- other islands use the term "ground provisions") for our side dish. As my cousin would say, it was slammin'!! :)

Although I can eat food during my detox, I'm still mindful of losing weight, so I definitely did not take a large portion of the starchy stuff - just a small piece of yam and a small piece of green banana.

Aside from walking 20/30 minutes each day, I didn't really get much exercise in last week. But I still managed to lose another pound - thanks to my new, healthier diet. :) And, while I'm only detoxing for a month, this new lifestyle of cutting back on processed foods is permanent. It'll be difficult (especially when I go out to eat), but my body will thank me for it.

I was determined to complete all 10 sessions of Level 2, and this morning I pushed myself to get up early and do just that. I thought the workout would be brutal after having slacked off for so many days; but I got through it just fine. It felt good. I'll start Level 3 tomorrow. That post should be interesting! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment