Sunday, March 6, 2011

Days 78, 77 & 76 - Can we say, frustrated??

The past week was very frustrating for me. You can probably tell by the scarcity of posts. Aside from not feeling that great and not being able to work out as hard/much as I wanted because I wasn't feeling that great, I've been frustrated by my progress.

I've dropped 3lbs (prob just water weight) and an inch here and there; but I certainly haven't lost as much as I expected to after almost a month. I know you're probably thinking I'm being hasty but, in the past, I've done cardio and started slimming down in as little as 3 days. And that is what I think my problem is - not enough cardio!

Jillian pushes you hard in the workouts, but they're largely strength building-focused. I need cardio to burn fat. Three, two-minute intervals of cardio is just not enough.

Don't get me wrong, strength training is very important! So, while I'm not giving up on 30 Day Shred, I plan to start hitting the gym again and get 30-40 mins of cardio in. I think that's the only way I'll see the results I'm looking for.

5 comments:

  1. Gurl we are over 30 and the lbs do not shred quite as easy. Trust me I know. Still have a preggo belly almost 2 months after giving birth. Patience grasshopper, you will get to your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shhh!!! Who said I was over 30??? Not yet!!! Don't rush me before my time!! LMBO!! ;-D

    But you're right - it's not as easy as it used to be. I find that I'm having to re-learn my body's new capabilities/triggers/habits/limits/etc. as I go along. Trying not to get overwhelmed by the frustration and keep working towards my goal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Believe it or not, the strength training is key!. Remember, muscle weighs more than fat, so your weight won't change much initially (even after a month), but more muscle mass means your metabolism will be reved up. Increase ur protein intake too. Maybe carry 2 hard boiled eggs with you to work, to eat as your first snack,& definately protein for lunch and dinner. Try to cut out the starch (even brown rice) & sugar as much as possible (no fruit juice). This is just for now. Once you reach where you want to go, these things are ok for maintenance. But now... just continue to dig deep (yeah, I know I said that before, but still seems appropriate). I'm rooting for you & sacrificing right along with you. You have company!

    ReplyDelete
  4. E and I were just saying that we don't think we're getting enough protein, so the boiled eggs to work is a good idea.

    Not eating rice is one of the biggest challenges for me. Even now that I've switched to brown rice. But I realize you're right - I'm gonna have to keep it in the cupboard for a little while.

    I've been pretty good about the no juice thing. With the exception of orange juice, I haven't had any fruit juice in about 2 weeks. And I only, literally, take about two sips of orange juice each day w/the new cleanser I've been using (because it tastes so...err...strong - lol). But, as I get used to the taste, I plan to quit the sips of o.j. too.

    Yes girl, we've gotta keep each other motivated. You've always been my motivation anyway. ;) Thanks for all the advice!

    ReplyDelete