Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 85 - My Tummy, My Tummy

Here's what I've eaten today:

Late breakfast:            hot lemon tea; steel cut oatmeal

Late afternoon snack:  apple; water

Early Dinner:               curry chicken; rice; water

Evening snack:             banana; water

Before bed:                 Yogi Get Regular Tea

My day started off a little later today so I didn't stick to my exact schedule. The oatmeal kept me full for almost 5 hours, so that threw off my schedule a little as well.

About the teas: I've read that drinking hot lemon water (no sugar or any other "extras") first thing in the morning is a great way to flush out the liver, so I've been doing it off and on for about a year now. The liver is so important to the body and, in order to function properly, it has to be healthy. I did not know about the other benefits of lemon tea until researching this morning (check the link above to read more); but I gotta say I don't mind it one bit. Even still, I don't plan on making it an every-morning-for-the-rest-of-my-life thing. I think the natural acid would be too much for my stomach on a constant basis. Most mornings I drink peppermint tea - most times without sugar, but sometimes with brown sugar or honey. There are days when I have a cup of plain hot water, simply to banish gas and flush out my system.

The Yogi Get Regular Tea is pretty self-explanatory. My digestive tract is not regular, so I'm helping it along. Mind you now, using a laxative is not and will not be part of my weight loss process. Being backed up is uncomfortable and, quite literally, sickening. I have always had issues with being regular so, once in a blue moon, I give my system a "wash out" (the good ole Jamaican way).  So, to be very clear, I'm drinking the senna tea only because I haven't gone in days - not because I'm trying to speed up the weight loss process. My plan is focused on losing weight the healthy, sustainable way.

As you can see, I need to put much more effort into getting veggies in. Once I do, the veggies, combined with the fruits, should have me feeling regular and free in no time! ;p

The picture and videos below feature my breakfast of the day (for the next few days). If you eat steel cut oatmeal regularly, or have recently tried it, let me know how you like it. What are your tricks for making it tastier?

steel cut oats, vanilla essence, golden honey, ground ginger, ground nutmeg




4 comments:

  1. I usually eat my steel cut oatmeal with just raisins & agave nectar. I must try adding some of the other spices like you do. Did not think of doing that before...duh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh...raisins! Never thought of that, but it sounds yummy.

    I've been meaning to buy agave nectar for awhile now...One of my good friends put me on to it. I'll def be picking agave up this weekend and swapping it out for the honey...I was recently told that honey is no good for human beings...Yikes!

    But yes, try the other seasonings above or even add a banana (mentioned in vid). And now I've added cinnamon to the list. Very tasty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have added bananas sometimes, but just cut up raw, not sauted like you said. Mi hav too many people to get ready in di mawnin'...mi no have time fi all a dat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMBO!! Yes mi dear - twin central!! ;-D

    ReplyDelete