Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 94 - Building Healthy Habits

Today was my fifth day at Level 1. I felt good doing the routine this morning. Wasn't out of breath as much...Was able to push myself a little harder too.

I'm already noticing small changes: feeling more sucked in, clothes fitting a little better. I'm definitely happy; but I still have a ways to go. Slow and steady wins the race, so I'm really focused on building a habit right now.

It's very easy for me to throw in the towel too soon. In the past, I've worked out hard core for a week, maybe two, usually in preparation for some event, then got discouraged again. I really want this time to be different.

That's why I'm starting off easy. For me, these first ten days of 30 Day Shred are all about getting my mind (and body) used to the idea of regular exercise. It's also about getting back in the habit of eating healthier meals. When I move on to Level 2, the intensity of exercise will go up a notch and I'll be taking my diet up a notch with it.

I'm fine with simply removing certain things (i.e., cheese, soda, cake, chips) from my diet for the first ten days, just so I don't feel so completely deprived and give up too soon. But I fully realize that the only way to see truly great results is to be disciplined with both exercising and eating. The more intense the workout, the stricter the meal plan. Otherwise, what's the point? I'll never see the results I'm looking for if I don't give it 100%.

Mind you now, when I say strict I don't mean lettuce and water. That won't get me anywhere. I plan on enjoying a full range of food. The difference will be the types of food I eat, and how they'll be prepared.

So over the weekend I'll sit down and come up with a schedule and meal plan that makes sense for me. As I move on to Level 2, I'll post up my new plan so you all can see what I'll be doing next.

No comments:

Post a Comment