Friday, February 18, 2011

Day 92 - French Fries: A Love/Hate Story

Public Frenemy #1: The French Fry

I went down to my office's cafeteria today for lunch. There wasn't much variety so I thought to myself, I'll just get chicken fingers and fries.

Really???

This is why I have to make conscious decisions to cut things out of my diet - I am an unconscious eater. It never crossed my mind that I was making a poor choice. The "it's Friday and I'll have comfort food" section of my brain lit up and fired off the order without ever consulting my "what the hell are you thinking" receptors. It wasn't until I was almost finished that I realized what I'd done. Of course, by that time I was already starting to feel sluggish. *yawns and continues to type* And here I am, a little over two hours later, in desperate need of an energy boost.

I'll definitely be doing some serious menu planning this weekend.

Let me update you on last night's exhibit opening before I go...Very cool! There was a really good turn out and the work was interesting. The pieces are up until June, so I want to go from floor to floor to get another, closer look - without the huge crowd around.

Anyway, friends, that's it from me for now. Hope your Friday evening is starting off right! And if you live on the eastern seaboard of the United States, I know you're rejoicing about this weather and sunshine. Enjoy it while you can, because tomorrow will be a different story!

xo

3 comments:

  1. The cafeteria can be very sabbotaging. That has happened to me many time. I end up in a position where i eat lunch late, the salad bar looks too wilted (plus I don't want it after 100 people already "play-up" in it), and so my vice ends up being a turkey burger with fries. I justify the fries for the fact that they are baked, not fried, not thinking about carb over-load. Yes....must think your menu through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOL'd at your "play up in it" comment - I feel the same way! Hahaha! It's a never ending effort to remain conscious about what I'm eating. Especially considering I have so many vices.

    Check "Days 88 & 87" for my new food schedule. What do you think? How do you plan out your meals?

    ReplyDelete