Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 93 - Honey Mustard to the Rescue!

Uneventful day. Did what I was supposed to. Ordered a grilled chicken sandwich for lunch and even managed to remember not to ask for cheese. Been almost two weeks since I've had a bite of cheese. Didn't think I could manage it. In fact, as I ordered my sandwich today I wasn't so sure I would enjoy it without a slice of swiss. But it was good - honey mustard always saves the day. And if you're wondering what else was in it...just romaine lettuce and a roasted red pepper - on brioche. I washed it down with pomegranate juice. I know, I know...shouldn't be drinking juice, but that's a cut back for another week. (In my defense, I don't drink juice very often - lol.)

Tonight I'll be staying a little later at work for the opening of a group art exhibition in the building, called The February Show. From the press release:
The February Show aims to highlight the diverse perspectives behind the concept of Black History Month. The title, The February Show, is meant to spark a dialogue about how effectively this celebration inspires us to expand our knowledge of our national history, and the implications of limiting the recognition of Black American culture to a specific month.
There'll be a reception and live art performances throughout the building. It should be fun. My brother is coming by to check it out with me. Next week the artists will be in house for a discussion panel. I'll let you know how it goes. In the meantime, you can read more about the exhibit, see which artists it features, and take a look at some of the work here.

No comments:

Post a Comment