Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 95 - Don't Forget to Eat (or Drink)!

I have literally been running up and down today. Upstairs to one meeting. Cancelled. Downstairs to another meeting. Cancelled. Up to check up on a project. Back to desk. Oope - another meeting...Sheesh it's like a cardio workout unto itself. But I won't complain too much. Thank God I have a job. Plus, being this busy makes the day fly by.

It also makes me forget to eat and drink. Not good. Eating several small, healthy meals throughout the day helps to boost your metabolism so you can burn calories and lose weight. Water has its benefits too.

What I need to do is bring food to work with me, daily. So everything will be planned out. No brain, easy access. And I'll save some cash.

Waking up this morning wasn't any easier. In fact, I jumped out of bed at 3:45am, convinced my alarm was ringing, and I rushed out of the bedroom to turn it off. (I don't set the clock in the room when I have to wake up that early. There have been many times when I've turned off my alarm without even realizing --sleepwalking. If I have to go all the way out to the kitchen there's more chance that I'll wake up along the way, so I set my phone alarm out there.)

When I got to my phone, I was very confused. I could still hear the ringing, but the phone wasn't lit up or alarming at all. That's because the alarm never went off. The ringing was in my head. I was still sleeping! o_O I picked up my phone and, at that point, I woke up, realized what was going on, and headed back to bed for another hour of sleep.

That hour felt like 10 minutes. But, still, I got up. Still exercised. Still made  it through a busy, busy day.

Needless to say, I feel like a zombie now, so I apologize if any part of this post seems incoherent. I'm headed to bed.

Some of you have emailed or called me with suggestions for interesting posts. I promise to start implementing them soon. Feel free to leave your suggestions in the comments section as well.

Thanks for keeping up with me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment