Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 99 - Tempted by Pinch Bread

Happy Friday friends!

So today I consumed a bit more carbs than I intended to...What can I say? We bought a Jamaican Pinch Bread last night, and it smelled way too good to resist this morning. Perfect with my cup of peppermint tea.

For lunch I had left over chicken wings and, ehm, a "potato." I was trying to use what we had in the fridge and not spend extra money for lunch. *straight face*

Dinner consisted of honey toasted chicken and rice and peas. Not outrageous, but not great. Could've had brown rice, or at least threw some veggies in there. No fruits today either. I was much better about eating yesterday. But I was good about drinking water. And at least I still haven't had any cheese!

I'm ready to start getting that exercise in. Tomorrow, tomorrow. And it will help with my eating habits. I automatically want to eat healthily whenever I start working up a sweat. Healthy food becomes a treat.

I know this first week will be tough, it still being the dead of winter and all; but, if I can push through the first week, I know I'll keep going.

That's all I have to report for now. I'll update you after my workout tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Here's an idea for exercising. I know the winter weather might be a bit of a deterrant. But how about getting off one top early and walk the distance or in the evening walk to the next stop. walking is good exercise.

    I'll be checking in regularly to see how you are doing. Luv always

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Trace!

    Yes - walking is really great! In the past, when I've been too tired to fit in intense cardio, I've used your suggestion and been able to maintain a healthy weight.

    Right now, my job is about a 15min walk from the train, so I try to walk in the mornings and evenings instead of taking the bus.

    Love you too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete