Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 86 - You betta SWEAT! *snaps* ;)

Level 2 makes me SWEAT - and I am not usually a big sweater, no matter how hard I work out. I don't know why, that's just how my body is wired. I'll get hot, bothered and perspire a bit, but not too much. But with this workout - even when I'm doing the strength work - my body starts working up a sweat. I'm telling you, it's a serious workout!

There are a lot of plank-based exercises including "plank jacks" - as if regular jumping jacks weren't enough to torture me! I gotta say though, doing the jumping jacks has gotten pretty easy. And this morning I was able to push through the plank jacks (and also the plank thrusts and plank twists) without having to do modifications the entire time.

I am definitely feeling it in my pecs and upper back. I find that the squats (which I hate) are no longer as difficult for me to manage. I feel pretty strong doing the ab work as well. I'm still working with 2lb weights though. I think I have 3lb-ers (what is recommended for the routines) at my mother's house, so I'll have to check when I go over there this weekend.

My biggest problem area is my stomach (or should I say gut??). I don't mind my thick thighs and booty so much, but mi cyaan tek di stomach pooch ting. It's gotta go!! I've been doing some research on how to eat to lose belly fat, because, if after all this my tummy still doesn't shrink then I'm getting lipo. Well, ok...not really - I don't like needles - so that means this will have to work! ;p

There are lots of good tips out there to be referenced, including some very practical and easy habits you can incorporate into your daily routine. What it all boils down to is exercise and healthy eating habits, which is what I'm focused on now. As I go along I'll incorporate more and more fat-burning superfoods into my diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment